Who is Eligible
Eligible homeowners for the Wasington Mortgage Relief Program must meet the criteria listed below.
- Household income of all household members over the age of 18 is at or below 100% of the Area Median Income. AMI Calculator
- Homeowner must be at least two payments past due by December 27, 2021
- Homeowner must currently own and occupy the property in Washington as their primary residence.
- Homeowner may only own and occupy one property.
- Homeowner must attest that they experienced a Qualified Financial Hardship after January 21, 2020. The attestation must describe the nature of the financial hardship
- The original, unpaid principal balance of the homeowner’s primary mortgage loan, at the time of origination, cannot be greater than the “conforming loan limit” (as determined under the provisions of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008) in effect at time of origination. To find data on conforming loan limits, click here.
- Homeowners cannot have cash or assets on hand (excluding savings in a retirement account) that is equal to or greater than the relief funds needed + $20,000. (For example, homeowners needing $30,000 to get caught up on their mortgage will be ineligible if they have $50,000 or more in assets).